5 July 2022
8 August 2022
5 July 2022
Spiralling Cost-of-Living Costs
This is what we've done
VAT Reduction on Energy Bills
This measure will see a reduction of 13.5 per cent to 9 per cent in price of gas and electricity between May 1st and October 31st
· Fuel Allowance Increases
The 370,000 households most affected by the rising cost of energy who are eligible for the Fuel Allowance will receive an extra lump sum payment of €100 in May. This is in addition to the extra €125 Fuel Allowance Payment announced in March
· €200 towards ESB Costs paid in April
· Diesel & Petrol Costs Excise Duty reductions announced in March means the fill of a 60 litre tank of petrol is reduced by €12 and by €9 for diesel. These reductions will last until at least October
· Public Transport Fare Reductions
– Reduced by 20% beginning in April
· Medical Expenses
Threshold/Drugs Payment Scheme Reduced from €120 to €80 in a year
· Leaving Cert. and Junior Cert
Exam Fees Waived
We are making progress
Shared Equity Scheme
In this scheme, the state proposes to take an equity stake of up to 20% in your first home to make it more affordable for you. There are no income limits for this scheme. Applicants would have to draw down their full 3.5 times salary/mortgage limit. The delays in this scheme are really frustrating but it is due to be launched in June. You may also be eligible for the ’Help-to-Buy’ Scheme.
Help-to-Buy Scheme (HTB) The HTB scheme is an incentive for first-time home buyers. It will help you with the deposit you need to purchase or self-build a new house or apartment. For more details about this or any scheme, please contact me.
The Cost-rental Scheme
The Government’s Cost-Rental Scheme is already resulting in rents that are at least 25% less than market value and providing long-term tenancies (e.g. forty years).
This scheme is aimed at those who earn too much to avail of social housing, but not enough to qualify for a mortgage.
Email me firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
More Social and Affordable Homes are Coming on Stream in our constituency, the Council’s objective is to deliver over 1,500 affordable homes. This government has made changes which will mean MORE social and affordable homes for you.
· Previously, only 10% of a housing development was allocated for Social Housing; this has been increased to 20% to include affordable purchase, cost-rental or both
· We have banned Fast-Track Planning (Strategic Housing Developments);
· We have banned bulk-purchase of houses in new developments by investor funds.
· Our aim is to ensure that in every new development, a significant proportion of affordable and social homes will be made available to our young people.