- The 2016 homeless budget has been increased by 50% to €2,389,000, which is a 3 fold increase on the 2014 provision of €794,000.
- €600,000 towards further homeless supported accommodation for single men and the provision of a women’s refuge.
- €300,000 towards estate enhancement in those estates taking additional social housing – to go towards roads and landscaping works.
- Funding for an apprenticeship programme has increased from €50,000 to €300,000.
- €1,000,000 for window and door replacement in social housing.
- €100,000 to commence a pilot programme of caravan grants for Travellers.
Housing & Homelessness Budget SDCC 2016